August 21, 2008

The Things Parents Will Do For Their Children...

I finished another page in McKenzie's scrapbook tonight! I've only been planning this page out since last October so at this rate I may finish up the pages for McKenzie's first year about the time she goes to college.

Anyway, the smaller picture of McKenzie among to pumpkins is what inspired this page. Matt took this picture last October when we were getting our pumpkins for Halloween. I had seen some pumpkin layouts in a scrapbooking magazine and so I was determine to get the perfect picture for creating a pumpkin page. Unfortunately, time flew by in October since I had just gone back to work, the days started getting shorter, it was super rainy and life just got busy so we never followed through on my big plan to visit the pumpkin farm. So in desperation I decided I just needed a picture of McKenzie with pumpkins in the background. No one really had to know that we weren't at the pumpkin farm. So I decided I would just take her to the grocery store and put her in the bin of pumpkins out front and take her picture. Sad I know, but I needed that picture. Anyway, when we headed out we ended up deciding to go to Central Market rather than my old standby Fred Meyers. Lucky for us Central Market had the whole front of the store decorated with hay bales, pumpkins, corn stalks, scarecrows and a big tractor so it wasn't even weird that we were having a photo shoot. The picture Matt captured of McKenzie has been one of our favorites - it really shows off what a happy girls she is!





I still have some glare and it's a little crooked but I think I'm getting better on my technique! Tonight I put the page on top of the washer again (it's white and big) and then I also stood on McKenzie's rocking chair (don't tell her I did that - we're not allowed to stand on that chair) to get higher so I could try to get straighter. One of these days I'll get it figured out.

Here's a bigger copy of the picture with the pumpkins and another of McKenzie and me on the tractor.




This year I'm still dreaming of making it to the pumpkin patch. I'll keep you posted! [no pun intended]

2 comments:

Mommy Herrman said...

I had the digital picture frame on today - Claire and I were watching all of the pictures flash by of McKenzie and we commented on how cute the pumpkin pictures were and talked about our very own pumpkin patch adventure we should have this fall. Maybe we can all go together! I call Claire my little pumpkin.. I only hope I can be as inspired as you are and at some point start scrap booking this childs life. :)

Gina Lillie said...

We should all head to Bob's Corn this fall, if only for the photo op.