August 20, 2008

Accidents Can Happen In A Second...

Tonight was bath night, one of McKenzie's favorite times. We have our routine that we follow each time. We go upstairs, I pretend to act surprised when McKenzie turns right towards the bathroom instead of left to go the landing to play, we go into the bathroom turn on the water and then go over to the laundry room to get ready for the bath. I take off McKenzie's clothes and use the stain stick as needed, then lay out her pajamas and a clean diaper and then we head back to the bathroom for the bath.

Tonight was no different. As usual she got bored waiting for me to finish things once she got her clothes off and she headed over to the baby gate that separates the landing at the top of the stairs, our guest bedroom and McKenzie's bathroom from the rest of the upstairs. She was playing there with the dogs and then I opened the gate and she headed for the bathroom and I took off her diaper and put her in the tub. I swear I never even looked away for a second but then next thing I knew there floating face down in the tub was Flat Monkey...




Flat Monkey has never joined McKenzie in the tub before and I'm not even sure how he got in there. I've never even wondered if monkeys can swim before tonight... guess I'll have to Google it... amazing someone else had that same question. Even after that 'education' from the internet the only thing I know for sure is Flat Monkey can't swim but he's none the worse for the dunk in the tub.

Here's the bathing beauty herself enjoying a relaxing soak after a long day of playing.

No comments: