August 6, 2008

Our own tiny person...

Matt and I always knew our child would be special - what parent doesn't think that? But sometimes when McKenzie does things we just look at each other and say 'Wow, she's actually a tiny person all on her own'. That feeling is pretty special.

McKenzie is such a character it's hard to fully capture how happy, silly, crazy, and amazing she is in something like a blog. She learns new things everyday and still amazes us with the things she does. Here's some recent examples of McKenzie being her own person.

Here she is playing on of her favorite games 'socks for hands'. She often brings me socks to put on her hands then will leave them on for a while and do things with socked hands - it makes her quite happy!




This is McKenzie doing a young Dru Barrymore impression from her role as Gertie in the movie E.T. - it's the hairdo ;) McKenzie probably would keep an alien in her room if she found one.



This past Sunday was Seafair and we went down to our friends Rachel and TJ's place in Seattle to enjoy the Blue Angels, hydro races and a BBQ. McKenzie is sharing her ride with Kim's dog Muki, one of her many dog friends.



And if you weren't convinced by now that McKenzie is her own tiny person here she is today over at Aunt Kacey's playing in the swimming pool : )


4 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Do you think if she found an alien, she would call it "Dog-a"? She looks so grown up in those jeans.

Anonymous said...

No aliens, but I kept some pretty strange critters in my bedroom growing up in Yakima !
I'm sure you can only imagine :-)
Can't wait to enlighten my grand-daughter about the "critter"-world around her, and how much fun it is to share your bedroom with them :-)
I promise that nothing will belong to a "family" having more than 6 legs :-) Ant farms are especially fun !
I've got a spare terrarium and several glass gallon jars "move-in-ready", just say the word !

Anonymous said...

I need that pic with Muk Muk! McKenzie is one of the FEW creatures that make Muki look big!

Kim said...

I am being coerced into making a scrapbook, so I will be putting the muki/mckenzie picture in it!!