August 2, 2008

Scrapping When The Sun Don't Shine...

Another thing that our recent lack of sunshine has inspired is me to get out my scrapbook that I'm making as McKenzie's baby book and to get working! I started making the book before she was born and had a couple of bursts of scrapping energy last fall and winter but haven't touched it much this year. I need to get going on it since it's intended to be her baby book and time is flying by. I'm already working on my next set of pages which will be a two page flower garden featuring 12 smiling faces of McKenzie - one for each month of her first year.

Here's a page I finished this past week - it is about our first family trip that we took to Portland last year when McKenzie was about a month and a half old. Matt won an overnight stay and tickets to a Fergie concert where we got to meet her before the concert! We had a great time on the trip and meeting Fergie. Here's a big picture of us with Fergie which is also featured on my page along with my finished page for McKenzie's book.








I need some tips on how to take pictures of scrapbook pages... my page looks like it's not square and I have terrible glare on it... maybe daytime and take it from the top not looking at it from in front... who knows?

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I can't wait to scrap with you.

jess said...

Yeah, I have a hard time taking pictures of my scrap pages to post on the blog too. I think a lot of people scan in their pages, but I don't have a scanner that is that large. I've tried pinning the page to a wall at eye level so I could get the sides even, that has been my best result so far. Can't wait to scrap with you and Gina!!

Carl Z said...

I often photograph maps, aerial photos and other printed matter and have had good luck laying the page I want to take a picture of flat on a white background on the deck or ground in full sunlight. Suppose the lighting source doesn't have to be the sun, as it often isn't available when you want to take a picture :-) but it should be natural / white (not fluorescent)and come from an angle (not directly overhead. I stand / stoop directly over the page and adjust the zoom (or my position) so as to fill the photo frame with the subject (no edges showing in photo). Then take several photos and use Picasa to enhance / color correct / lighten even more. works good 4 me :-)