December 30, 2011

D'Lightful Night

One of my favorite holiday traditions is looking at Christmas lights.  This year we made it out to the Garden D'Lights in Bellevue which was just as amazing as I had remembered from our last trip.  I really enjoy seeing the lights when walking through the garden because you can stop and enjoy them rather than being in a car and getting a glance out of the window.  It was a bit more packed than the first year we went but I think that was because it wasn't raining.  Ben did manage to get wet despite the dry weather by filling his boot up in a small fountain within two minutes of entering the gardens.  We got him as dry as possible and kept moving - there was too much to see to be bothered by a wet foot.

Here are some of the amazing flowers they had on display.  I can't even imagine all the work that goes into creating this scene.


Cousin Claire, Ben and McKenzie checking out a spider web.  New Years resolution #1 learn to use my camera settings so I can correctly capture pictures like this!


Our family enjoying the fun holiday evening together.


Aunt Jennifer and me with the kiddos.


It was an amazing site that I hope to see again next year!

No comments: