April 6, 2011

Logically Speaking

One of the greatest gifts of parenthood is watching your child form ideas and thoughts based on the environment around them.  They are learning constantly and applying that knowledge in the most logical way they know.  Luckily as parents we get to hear all the big ideas hot off the press before the world can tell them they are wrong.


Our Kenzie as you can see in the picture above is a free spirit who throws caution to the wind and dives into life.  I love this about her.  She has a totally unique view of the world around her and she often applies her skies-the-limit attitude to her new ideas.

Tonight after dinner Ben and Daddy were watching a kids show on TV and McKenzie asked me to read her a new book that she got at school today.  I started in on the book but noticed she wasn't focused and was watching the show.  I asked her if she wanted to read the book or watch the show and her response was classic Kenzie.  She said, "But Mom I have two eyes."  I agreed she had a point, she does have two eyes but there's the whole bigger concept beyond that about focus that she has just skipped over.  Now if only she could focus on me trying to explain focus to her.

I love my job as Mom, expanding minds since 2007.

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

This picture needs to be in your scrapbook, NOW!!