April 13, 2011

Daddy's Girl

One of my all time favorite pictures of McKenzie was taken when she was two months old and just starting to smile.  She was practicing one of her favorite activities even to this day, waking Daddy up.  I have the picture on the wall upstairs and this weekend she was telling me about it when we were in the car.  She likes to talk about when she was a baby.  She said, "remember when I was a baby and I was supposed to be in a picture with Daddy smiling?"  She tends to throw in a "supposed to" when talking about the past for some reason.

Later that afternoon Matt was laying on the bed watching the kids playing in the landing and McKenzie decided to recreate the picture.  She was very exacting including making Matt close the curtains since she felt that it was dark in the first picture. 

Still cute together even almost four year later. She really is a Daddy's girl!  Hopefully she will retain her love for her Daddy as the years pass and also her tolerance for having her picture taken for my sake.



1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

I love this so much. But, seriously sometimes it is so sad how fast they grow up. You will be picking out prom dresses in the blink of an eye.