June 11, 2009

Two On Tuesday!

Quite a fitting day for a second birthday! McKenzie had a great birthday complete with cake, balloons, presents and best of all "colors" on her toes! I actually painted her toes the night before, she has been wanting "colors" on her toes ever since I got my toes painted for our Hawaii trip.

I'm not sure exactly sure what I was thinking when I decided to do this. Has anyone ever tried to paint a house during a tornado? That is probably the best way I can describe trying to paint McKenzie's toes. Luckily I picked a really light color of pink with sparkles in it so you couldn't tell as much that one, I'm not cut out for pedicure work, two she touched all the toes almost immediately after I applied the nail polish, three she ran off barefoot into the yard as soon as I finished the last little toe. The toes nails had enough of the sparkles on them to satisfy her desire for "colors" and make one of her birthday wishes come true. She also got some new sandals for her birthday which allowed her to show off the "colors." The funniest part was we Skyped with Grandma and Grandpa C so they could wish her a happy birthday and she got the computer and sat down and put her feet right up to the camera to show them her toes. I wish I had a video of that. Nothing like looking at someones feet over the Internet.

And just so you don't feel you are missing anything here are the famous toes!



Before we left for Aunt Kacey's house McKenzie discovered the birthday cake that I baked for her. We had a really hard time leaving after that. I'm lucky that McKenzie's favorite friend, "flat monkey" is fairly easy to create out of frosting! Not a bad likeness if I do say so myself . If nothing else he is Flat : )


Here's the birthday girl sneaking a peak at the cake!



Here's McKenzie having her cake and eating it too!



Another highlight of her birthday was the bouquet of balloons her Daddy got for her! I think we could have just had the balloons and it would have been a great birthday. She carried those balloons around all evening. Luckily they were tied to a weight so we didn't lose them or McKenzie.



Overall, it was a great birthday for McKenzie and it's not over yet since we still have our zoo party on Saturday.

Here's a picture of Mom and Dad getting ready for the party with our animal hats on! McKenzie thought these were pretty funny.





This is Grandma C editing The Zaremba Family blog so that Colleen can print the blog as a Christmas gift for Matt. I'm mostly re-wording the text so that it is easier to read, taking out a million "..." and reducing the number of exclamation marks.

As you read above, Colleen wished she has a video of Kenzie showing Grandpa and me her “colors” on her toes. These are the three pictures that we took on the other end of Skype. This is a BIG plug for Skype. It really lets us sit her in Chelan and visit with our grands as often as we want.



No comments: