June 5, 2009

Big Ben


A couple of weeks ago I wrote about taking Ben to the doctors for his neck rash and his cradle cap. I'm happy to report that the athlete's foot cream and Selsun Blue have worked wonders and he's on the mend. At that doctors appointment they weighted Ben at 13 lbs, 8 oz. Since that was a few days before he was four months I came home and compared him to McKenzie's four month check up. She weighted in at 14 lbs, 9 oz at four months. I told Matt that Ben didn't have a chance of catching up before his real four month appointment the next week. Turns out this guy likes a challenge!

Aunt Kacey and I had noticed he was super hungry even before the first appointment so we started giving him a little formula added to his bottles to keep him happy through the day and all was good. Fast forward one week to his actual four month appointment and the guy weighted in at 14 lbs, 11 oz. Over a pound in a week! Let's hope he does not keep growing at this rate or I'll be on the talk show circuit with the worlds heaviest toddler. Anyway, it goes without saying that Ben is doing great growing like a weed. The funny thing was after the doctor appointment he hasn't been crazy hungry, so I sort of feel like he just wanted to bulk up for that appointment.

Aunt Kacey's prediction is that Ben might have started as the smallest of the four cousins at 6 lbs, 5 oz but he will be the biggest someday!

Here's a picture I took of the kids yesterday along with one of my favorites from shortly after he was born. Ben sure has grown! McKenzie still loves her baby brother and always has a kiss for him.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the selsum blue and athlete's cream cure! I have so much to learn. They are both adorable!!!

Rachel said...

Rachel just left that comment...I can never figure out how to leave my name :)

Gina Lillie said...

I love that first picture. Scrap material for sure.

Kelli said...

OMG...can't believe how big he is getting. Total cutie, for sure!!

Thom and Melissa said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

And you won't be alone with the world's heaviest toddler. Jack will be 3 mos on June 12th and he is 16 lbs already!