April 27, 2009

I Cried But They Didn't

Sounds a bit like a bad country song doesn't it? Maybe I'll have to write that song because that's what happened Monday on my first day back to work. I only cried a little bit so I am considering the transition to be a success. The kids have both been doing great over at Aunt Kacey's during the day. McKenzie is especially enjoying being back with Kayla and Nathan and having some fun playing.


Ben turned three months old on Sunday, wow how times flies. He's growing up so fast, the next thing I know he'll be asking to drive the car. Here's his three month picture.




And here's McKenzie's three month picture. They are starting to look a bit different I think. Maybe it's just Ben's hair or McKenzie's big cheeks.



As one last fun adventure while I was on leave the kids and I headed over to Chelan last Thursday to Grandma and Grandpa C's house for a visit. My Aunt Diane, Aunt Wendy, Aunt Bonnie and Grammy were over visiting too. There were plenty laps ready for loving babies. We worked on the Thanksgiving table cloth and got almost all of it done. What will I do with my evenings in November? Thanks to all who worked on it, it's a lot more fun to work on it with others. Here's all the ladies in Chelan when we were learning how to use the features on our cameras.



On Saturday I left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa C and headed downtown to Memories by the Lake, the local scrapbooking store and I got to spend the entire day working on my books. My friends Gina and Jess joined me for the day and we had a great time working on our pages and catching up kid-free. I'll take pictures of my new pages sometime soon and post those. It's been a dream of mine to scrapbook in a store so I could just get up and go buy things when I needed them. This was even better than I imagined. I learned a lot of new techniques and got some really great ideas for future pages.

When we got home on Sunday I took Ben on his first stroller ride in the big kid seat. He did really well and didn't fuss a bit on the two mile walk we took. He fell asleep in the stroller about half way through the walk and then kept sleeping there for quite a while when we got home. Being able to put him in the back of the stroller means McKenzie gets the upgrade to the front seat so she see everything that's going on.




Here's McKenzie helping me in the yard while Ben was sleeping in his stroller in the garage. She was playing with her bubbles while I continued to fight off those dandelions.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh you are already back at work??? Where is time going!?