June 13, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday McKenzie!!!

Sorry to all my blog stalkers - I've been in Vegas this week and didn't have time to update my blog with all our recent exciting events.

The most exciting event was McKenzie turning one this past Monday. We celebrated on Saturday with a party at the house with family and friends. McKenzie was a great birthday girl despite skipping her afternoon nap - I guess that cake frosting made up for the lack of sleep. We had a dog themed party complete with pup cakes. I had called a whole bunch of bakeries to see if anyone could make me a cake with a dog on it. There was nothing to be had so I turned to my good friend Google and was quickly hooked up with some dog cake ideas. Here's the cakes that I made.


McKenzie got to have one of the pup cakes all to herself : )


After dinner and cake McKenzie opened her presents and got lots of great stuff! It was so nice to have her cousins Nathan and Kayla to help open and test all the presents. Here she is with a couple of her gifts. Thanks to everyone who came - it was a lot of fun.


Who knew there were two seats on this inch worm?


McKenzie's has been tearing up the neighborhood on her new ride

2 comments:

Esther V. said...

Great blog, Colleen...happy to see you are back blogging!!
Take care, hugs, Esther V.

Gina Lillie said...

About time (ha ha). The cake looks great. Glad she loved it.