November 8, 2012

Still Swimming After All These Years

Recently we got to experience a great swimming event - seeing Aunt Renee perform her synchronized swimming routine.



When I was growing up we swam a lot with our family on vacations and Aunt Renee was always in the water actively swimming with us.  She would show us some of her fancy swim moves from when she did synchronized swimming in high school or college.  I always knew it was something she had done and was intrigued by the beauty of people swimming together in unison.  For the past few years she has been on a team and I finally got the opportunity go to and watch her swim.  Nathan and Kayla were over so I loaded all four kids in the car and off we went to learn what this was all about.   We had a great view from the observation deck on the second floor, it was nice that we were not directly next to the water so no one went swimming except Aunt Renee.  Very cool to watch all the ways the team worked together to perform their routine.  We will definitely need to come and watch again!

I'll have to see if I can get a picture of Aunt Renee in her early synchronized swimming days to post here.


No comments: