November 23, 2012

Finally Fall

We had a very late Spring this year which led to a late Summer and then to a late Fall so it took quite a while for our leaves to actually come down this year.  It was early November before we had enough to rake up and celebrate the season by jumping in a big pile in the front yard.  I was away on my annual scrapbooking weekend, otherwise known as heaven on earth, when the kids and Matt did the honors.  While I was peacefully enjoying the weekend cropping, cutting, gluing and creating scrapbook pages of our life while watching leaves gently float to the ground outside the window this scene was going on at home.  I'm not sad to say I missed it, especially since Matt was kind enough to capture it for me to enjoy when I got home.  There was also a few smudged faces that I got to wipe off just to make sure I didn't miss anything while I was away.



No comments: