April 30, 2012

Hat Island Escape

Recently I had the opportunity to escape life for a bit and join seven of my wonderful friends for a short get away to Hat Island which is small island off the coast of Everett.  I had never heard of the island before Carrie's family started going there and I had no idea what a special place it was going to be.  Living in Western Washington I can sometimes take things like being near the water and islands for granted.  I thought if I had seen one island around here I'd seen them all.  It's easy to take the friends in your life for granted as well.  The weekend escape brought me back to reality about how lucky I am to live in this beautiful area and more importantly how lucky I am to have such a great group of friends.

The weather for our weekend couldn't have been better, sunshine as far as the eye could see and we were able to walk all the way around the island.  How many people can say they've done that?  When we boarded the ferry on Saturday morning I warned the girls that I was going to be making a photo montage of our trip.  It's something I've been wanting to do lately and this was the perfect opportunity.  The girls were all very patient about pictures and hopefully they feel it was worth it.

Here is the slide show that I made of our wonderful weekend.


A few of my favorite pictures from the weekend.









I am enjoying every year of growing old with these ladies and looking forward to all our adventures to come.  We are already plotting how we can all get into the same retirement home someday.

1 comment:

Carl Z said...

That was a lot of fun Colleen, viewing and reading about your weekend antics - another great blog entry!