April 7, 2012

Eggstravaganza

When it comes to preparing for holidays any related arts and craft projects are high on our list of things to do.  Dying Easter eggs is no exception.  We take the process very serious and have strict quality control.  Let's just say that this year we only broke six of our twenty four eggs before they were fully dry.

We typically buy white eggs and so when I asked Matt to grab some eggs at the store I never thought he'd bring home brown eggs.  This is the first year I've ever colored brown eggs and while I was a little skeptical I really liked how the eggs turned out and the variety of colors the kids created.


Very serious discussion going on about the proper way to color the eggs.


So many colors to pick from!


Ben's eggs:  he mostly picked the blue dye for his eggs.  Occasionally I could get one into the other colors before he notices but he double dipped most of them in blue just to be safe.


McKenzie branched out a bit with her colors and she also used her watercolor set to make her eggs extra beautiful.


Ben looking like he dipped himself in the blue egg dye.


Kenzie and her favorite pink egg!


Love that both kids enjoy creating things together. If only I loved cleaning as much as they love making messes!

No comments: