September 29, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond!

Matt and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary last week.  We are looking forward to all the years ahead of us. The eighth anniversary gift is suppose to be brass which is a hard one to shop for. Online I found suggestions for jewelry with the infinity symbol which is essentially an 8 sideways. Lucky for Matt I didn't feel the need for any infinity jewelry but I did like the symbol of infinity. Some days it does feel like we've been married forever, Then other days I can hardly believe it wasn't yesterday that we got married. For me time really does fly by.

We are so lucky to be able to witness many great marriages among our friends and families but I think two of the strongest examples are from both of our parents. We are truly blessed to have both sets of parents still happily married after all these years.

My parents just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and are loving being 'retired' (read having multiple part time jobs each) together over in Chelan. Here they are September 19th, 1970.


Grandpa and Grandma C on their recent anniversary trip up to Victoria, BC.


Matt's Mom and Dad celebrated their 39th Anniversary this August, they are finding lots of time to travel together and love having all their kids and grandkids close to home. August 14th, 1971


Grandma and Grandpa Z on their recent trip to London and Ireland.


Here's to many more happy years together for everyone!

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I love the old wedding photos! Great post.

Grandma said...

I love your wedding picture -- you look beautiful. ly, m