September 28, 2010

Tiny Dancer!

McKenzie started ballet lessons in September and she is having so much fun! When we originally were looking at lessons it was mainly because Aunt Kacey had signed cousin Kayla up at the YMCA and it sounded fun. So we tried to sign up too but the YMCA class was full.  We went to one of the local dance studios thinking we were just going to do a month or two but we were actually signing up for a September through June dance program with a recital at the end. The class is for ages 3 and 4 so it's about 10 girls right around McKenzie's age for 45 minutes on Saturday mornings.

I am actually most looking forward to the recital already because all I remember about ballet from when I took lessons was the beautiful outfit from the recital. Grandma Z also has a recital picture from when Aunt Jennifer did ballet lessons - and it is the cutest thing. They are all in yellow and have these huge floppy hats on.  Can't wait to see what McKenzie's teacher picks out for their recital outfit.

Here's my tiny dancer flitting along. Note: I am trying to get a better picture of her but there are some parents who think their child will be staring in the nutcracker this Christmas who won't move from the good viewing spot in front of the door so I have to take whatever shots I can get that don't involve their heads.


Here are Aunt Kacey and me when we were probably 4 and  5 dressed for our big recital.

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Too cute. P.S. I love that orange carpet.