September 23, 2010

It's A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood

We have a new neighbor and we could couldn't be happier. He has been over almost every day since he moved in helping us clear the back half of our property. He just loves to help, doesn't stop for breaks, and the kids think he's amazing. What more could we ask for in a neighbor?

I admit I was a bit skeptical when Matt told me the neighbors had brought home a goat but he's been an amazing addition to the neighborhood so far. I had a bad run in with a couple of goats that my parents got when I was about three.  Goats have not been high up on my list of animals to love since then.  But anything that can eat ten square feet of blackberries and other assorted wilderness in a single day is more than welcome at our neighborhood.


We have been working hard on our yard ever since we moved in six years ago, fighting for the yard we have. Once we conquered the land on the stream side of the property we pretty much gave up and just let the other side be 'the great beyond'.  Now our dream of using a little of our land on the other side of the stream is a reality thanks to our new neighbor, Jebediah, the goat. At the rate he's eating, we'll be able to walk the whole property over there by Christmas. I'm taking some pictures from the same angles so I can track the progression.

1 comment:

Travis Von Rotz said...

That goat is awesome. Any plans on buying one of your own someday?