November 11, 2009

Karma...

I think perhaps I have acquired some bad online shopping karma or maybe it's bad shipping karma. Either way it is frustrating and darn right annoying. This was my last year that I could really control the Halloween costume selection for both kids. So I decided to have them be matching boy and girl yard gnomes! I was so excited about these costumes for the kids. I planned in advance and ordered them on October 12th... on a normal looking costume site, which was recommended by eBates. My credit card was charged on the 13th, on the 15th I emailed because I hadn't received any shipping info, on the 18th I called, on the 19th I emailed again, on the 22nd I received an email from them telling me my order had shipped! And on Halloween I had no costumes for the kids. Sad. Now my only recourse is to wait until the 13th which is 30 days after my credit card was charged and dispute the transaction. No one rips me off and ruins my Halloween plans and gets away with it.

How cute would those kids have been as yard gnomes? Too cute.

We made the best of it and hauled the kids out to the costumed store on Halloween, quite a sorry site, lots of picked over unwanted costumes but we finally settled on Snow White and Spider Man. McKenzie was Snow White for a little while but then wanted the dress off and so she changed into a spider costume we had from when Nathan was little. We ended up having a great Halloween. McKenzie was very excited to go to the neighbors houses to get yummys and say "Trick or Treat." We had Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Chris, Cousin Claire with us for Trick or Treating and then Grandma and Grandpa Z showed up once the kids were all crazy on candy.

Here's our Spider and Spider Man!


McKenzie with her haul and also with the candy we were giving out! She figured why not just take it all!


Here's cousin Claire the Bumble Bee!




Not quite the look I was planning but it worked. After last Christmas' shipping fiasco and now this I'm almost afraid to order online for the Holidays. I got to figure out how to improve my online karma.

McKenzie and I also had some fun making M&M cookies recently. Unfortunately McKenzie while she loved the dough and M&M's she was not satisfied with the end product. She couldn't believe there was cookie on her yummys and had to pick it all off before she could eat the M&M's.



More posts are coming soon. I was out of town part of last week for a work trip and have been consumed with scrap planning for my upcoming scrap weekend. I can hardly stand the wait. I'll have lots of pages to show off after this coming weekend.





3 comments:

Esther V. said...

IF you are ordering my Xmas present on-line, please start now!!!! LOL
great blog..hugs, Esther.

Gina Lillie said...

Bummer about the costumes, but they looked cute anyway. Have fun at your scrap weekend.

Carl Z said...

That's great - picking that nasty cookie off of her M & M's :-)
And look at that mouth full of teeth - WOW !