November 17, 2009

Catching Up With The Past!

This past weekend was a blur of pictures, papers and progress on my ever growing hobby of scrap booking. This was my first scrapbook retreat that I have been to and boy, have I been missing out! We started on Friday night and did nothing but scrap, eat and sleep until Sunday. The retreat group was coordinated by Grandma Z who had been to a scrap weekend at Camp Huston before. I love Camp Huston having been there many times as a kid with my 4-H group.

Before I left for the weekend I was packing up all my scrap booking stuff and Matt asked to see all the pages I had made so far. I told him that's all of them there in McKenize's book...13 pages filled with lots of love and learning. In one fun filled weekend I managed to make more than double my total pages. I completed 15 pages during the retreat! I am still amazed! I do need to go back through and add little touches here and there and do some journaling on some of the entries. I have been going back and forth between typed journal entries and hand written and I have finally decided on handwritten because with the way the world is going this may be the only place my kids have a sample of my writing. So now to perfect my journal techniques. So far I haven't been happy with the things I've tried but I'll figure it out.

So enjoy this trip down memory lane. There is so much more to do to catch up but it's a big start. While I was enjoying my weekend away the kids were enjoying some quality time with Daddy. A good time seems to be had by all especially me who came home to two happy kids and a clean house. I wish I had taken a picture when I got home. Matt even had all of McKenzie's dolls lined up.

Here are those happy kids!



Still working on my photo techniques for the scrapbook pages but I wanted to get them out here.

















2 comments:

Esther V. said...

EXCELLENT BLOG, Colleen! Your scrapbooking is great. Is the little man walking now? He looks so grown-up standing beside his sister.
Way to go, Dad! A weekend with your children on your own AND cleaned the house..I'm impressed.

Gina Lillie said...

I love the one of McKenzie in the Christmas dress. So Norman Rockwell. I am counting the minutes until our scrap night.