January 20, 2009

Waking Up To Sunshine!

In the cloudy overcast winters of Seattle you have to enjoy every little bit of sunshine you can find. I bet it would surprise most who live in Seattle if I told you I wake up most mornings to sunshine. It's even more surprising given the fact that Matt and I have blackout blinds on our bedroom windows. My secret is my own personal sunshine named McKenzie. We still have the baby monitor in her room and so most days I wake up to her waking up. I never know what she's going to be up to but it always puts a smile on my face. Unless she wakes up at 5 am that is. Most days I hear her talking to her baby dolls - saying 'bebee... bebee... ' over and over and then the sound of lots of kissing. Today she was talking about 'tea' which is what we call anything in coffee cups around here that is hot. She knows all about 'tea' and when she see us with a coffee mug she knows it's 'hot-hot' and blows while saying 'hot-hot'. This morning hearing her in her room saying 'tea... tea...' made me laugh. This woke Matt up in a panic thinking I was in labor or something. Trust me while I would be happy about that I doubt I'd be laughing.

This weekend we did have some real sunshine and so we headed to the park with McKenzie. She is so good at climbing and figuring out how to get to the highest point of everything . She's a real dare devil.

Here's McKenzie sliding in the sunshine!


I have had several requests that I post a side profile of my wonderful figure here on the blog. I will post one eventually but I'm waiting to reach full capacity - in the meantime you'll have to be satisfied with this nice shadow picture of my profile - look how tall I am!!


7 days and counting! No baby name yet.

6 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I love that shadow pic. You do look super tall. Please name that baby soon.

jess said...

That side profile shadow pic is definitely scrap-worthy! Can't wait to see the max-ed out profile shot though:) And I agree with Gina....she has been updating me on the name situation and I can't wait to find out what we will be calling Baby Z!!

Cassandra said...

You cannot name them until you meet them! Olivia was Chloe... until we met her. Sometimes you get lucky but take you time, wait a week after the baby comes, now *that* will make everyone nuts :)

Kelli said...

Can't wait to hear about the baby's arrival. Good luck today!!

Esther V. said...

CONGRATULATIONS on BoyZ...today you will be coming home from the hospital...wishing you all the best in this transition period of being a family of 4...
Your Mom has been sharing pictures...he is ADORABLE...
xoxo Esther

Kelli said...

Okay, just heard baby boy came early! Congrats...! Best wishes to the new family of 4! Can't wait to see pictures!