December 29, 2008

Santa Does Exist!

Christmas came late this year thanks to the local weather. Santa wasn't able to deliver all the presents to the good little girls and boys in our area until today when a snow plow and FedEx finally made it down our road.


McKenzie and Matt's final Christmas present arrived today and was a huge hit, as you can see from McKenzie's face above, even though we only got to play with it inside. When I was trying to figure out what Santa would bring for McKenzie I remembered something that Matt had said jokingly earlier in the year - that he wanted to rig up a remote control car that he could drive McKenzie around on. When I put this query into Google what to my wondering eyes should appear but that very item! I had so many different models to choose from it was hard to pick until I saw the Mini Cooper and I knew it was the one.

For years I have wanted a Mini Cooper but I could see how impractical it would have been for my life with two big dogs and kids. I even went so far as to make my sister meet me in Fife home of the only Mini dealer in the state a few years ago so I could try putting one of her car seats into a Mini to see if it would be possible. I finally decided to give up that dream (for now) and got a cross over SUV that can handle the amount of stuff I am now required to haul on even the shortest trip from home.


So this car can be driven by McKenzie or controlled by remote by Dad - fun for everyone especially Mom who was glad to sit on the sidelines and watch the two of them enjoy the car. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to take it out for a spin in the neighborhood now that the snow plow has been by.

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

That is the coolest ever! Does it seat two? I think Atticus will want to take a spin soon.

Kim said...

Holy cow that is awesome. Glad to see you are already living out your dreams through your daughter! ;)