August 4, 2012

Testing Out New Waters

I'm truly a marketeer at heart, just like with my annual Santa Clause campaign, where I pump my kids up on how great Santa is for months in advance before we have to sit on his lap for pictures.  I've been on a long term campaign to prepare McKenzie for entering Kindergarten.  As part of the prep work we've been talking about riding the bus and pointing out where her new school is and all the big kids things she can do when she goes there.  We took advantage of every chance that came up to continue to show her how exciting going to Kindergarten was going to be.

My favorite prep activity over the summer was taking the kids to the school playground  to meet up with one of Kenzie's friends from her Pre-K class who is going to be at school with her.  The kids loved exploring the new playground and trying out all the different equipment.  I think they were amazed at how big it all seemed compared to their school now.  We walked all over the campus peeking in the windows telling the girls about the different rooms like the library, the cafeteria, the music room. It was a great way to get Kenzie comfortable with the setting without all the chaos that comes when school is in session.

McKenzie, Ben and Bella enjoying a snack in the shade at the top of the slide.




Look at these two little monkeys. This will be a great picture to save for that Senior slideshow.



The excitement over school starting has been growing and so far my marketing campaign seems to be working.  Though I will mention that McKenzie wants to own literally every item she sees on infomercials so I know she is a soft sell on pretty much anything.

No comments: