August 1, 2012

Beach, BBQ and A Little Brrr....

We had our annual summer picnic at the beach with Aunt Renee and Uncle Nick at the end of July but it wasn't anything like that last two years in terms of the weather.  Noting the weather we opted for a park with beach and playground toys so that the kids could have some fun no matter the weather.  Usually at our beach BBQ the kids are just in their suits splashing in Puget Sound like it's bathwater.  This year we all kept our sweatshirts on and stayed out of the water.  It was a beautiful night and we enjoyed a great meal prepared by Uncle Nick and stayed until the sun was starting to head down.  

Here are the kids just hanging around at the park while dinner was being made.  



This was as close to the water as Ben got and I even thought this was too close given our lack of extra clothes.



My dare devil girl getting even closer, she did get sprayed by the surf and had to take off her socks.




Ben was such a big boy, Aunt Renee let him walk Shelby down the path next to the beach.



Ben and his buddy Shelby, he desperately wants to love her and she is kind enough to tolerate him.  



Aunt Renee and Shelby by the beach practicing being models for my group photo shot.




I am loving the auto picture feature on my camera but perhaps I should double check if I can really see everyone before I push the button and run to get in the picture.  So funny that you totally can't see Ben or McKenzie because of the giant plant in the way.  It would have been a great family shot, I'll plan better next year.



No comments: