March 5, 2012

Somethings Never Change...

and that's a good thing especially when you're talking about your favorite Girl Scout Cookies or your only sister.  My sister and I were in Brownies together when we were little girls and it's one of the many things I remember doing together as we grew up.  Growing up with a sister so close in age had its pluses and minuses.  At this point, now that we're grown and have kids of our own, I'd say it was definitely a good thing.  Each year when I enjoy my Girl Scout Cookies I am reminded of the time we shared as Brownies and how much fun we had together.

This picture is always what comes into my mind when I think of our time as Brownies.  I can see so much of our own kids in this picture it makes me laugh.  My niece, Kayla, has the same toothless smile and long hair as Kacey is displaying.  I wish I saw more of McKenzie in myself but I see Ben's dark brown eyes and little face peering back.  I also see where Ben gets his height... I am standing on a chair and I'm still not taller than Kacey who is only fourteen months older than me.


1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Wow, is that Kayla or Kacey? Too cute.