January 17, 2012

Four, Going On Fourteen

Today when I was dropping McKenzie off at school she asked me if we ever listened to Justin Bieber.  I had no idea how she even knew about Justin Bieber because no we don't listen to his music and if I actually did hear one of his songs I'd have no idea it was him.  I love listening to music but I have never been into selecting what I listen to.  I'm happy to just listen to the radio or now Pandora and just hope a song I like comes on.  Matt likes to quiz me about who signs songs but I rarely have any idea, that's what the Shazam app is for, but that's if I actually wanted to know who is singing.

After I got over my shock at McKenzie asking about Justin Bieber I told her we could listen to some of his music after school.  She remember and so I dialed up a Bieber station on Pandora and she found my rarely used headphones and was hooked.  I'm hoping it was more the novelty of the headphones that held her captive, I can't be hauling her to Bieber concerts just yet.  She was so hooked that we had to agree on a way to share my phone so I could read the recipe I was making for dinner and she could keep listening.  So I had a little shadow while making dinner just smiling away at the songs.


This little person continues to amaze me as she learns and expands her world.  Who knew she might be a music lover... it's a good thing I'm pretty flexible with what I listen to!

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Kenzie has "Bieber-Fever"! Next thing you know it will be poster of her favorites on the wall.

Kelli said...

Seriously, what is with the little ones wanting to be "tweens" already? Cole is only 4 and his favorite show is the Wizards of Waverly Place. He loves Selena Gomez! I will admit it's nice to not watch Yo Gabba Gabba and Phineaus and Ferb anymore. We're growing up folks! :)

S and J said...

Noooooo!!!!