January 12, 2012

Capturing The Moments

Since discovering Pinterest, I have realized how many opportunities to capture little moments in my kids lives I have let slip by.  There are so many amazing pictures out there that capture all the things you think are just life when they are happening but then you look back and realize how precious they were and that you'll never get that moment again.

One of my goals for this year is to try to capture more of the little things in the kids lives and I also want to practice different photo and editing techniques so this is a win-win area to focus for me.

Here is a typical week night event for McKenzie and I after bubble baths - painting toes!  McKenzie loves to have her toes and finger nails painted    I usually don't paint mine but this week I decided to have a little fun along with her.  I had seen a picture on Pinterest of a Mom and her little baby with matching toes and decided I wanted to have a similar picture with Kenzie to remember these times. There will come a time when painting your toes with Mom won't be so exciting or will require a trip to the salon to get pedicures.  Now I have this moment to remember when she was little and loved to sit on my lap and compare toes.

Now is the time to close your browser if you're not a fan of feet!





2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I have a picture of Carrie's, Sarah's, yours, and my feet. Somehow not as artistic. I like this one a lot more.

jess said...

Nice! I can already see the scrapbook page :) Now that I'm an adult, I have noticed I have my mother's feet. My toes and toenails look the same as I remember my mom's looking when I was little. We also have the same hands. I should probably take some photos too!