January 24, 2011

Masterpiece Monday: Family Portrait

In an effort to multitask in my ever busy life I'm adding a new feature to my otherwise routine blog entries. I'm making a theme day that I can use to showcase the kids creations, my own scrapbook pages and Matt's occasional entries into the world of art. This will allow me to document some of the wonderful art that the kids are creating without having to keep it all.

I'm also inviting others who read my blog to join me in showcasing their own Masterpieces on Mondays, thus begins...

Here are the rules for showcasing your own creations:
  • Take photos or scan your masterpieces in so they can be shared
  • Make a 'Masterpiece Monday' blog entry
  • Share with everyone the artist information and the medium they used
  • Grab my 'Masterpiece Monday' button above and link back to my blog so we can all enjoy each other Masterpieces.
*******************************************************

We Family

Featured Artist: McKenzie, Age 3 1/2
Medium: Dry Erase Pen on White Board

*******************************************************

What I love about this and all family pictures that McKenzie draws is the scale of people. Matt is always at least ten times larger than me and I'm usually only slightly larger then Ben and McKenzie. We are pictured as follows from left to right - me, Ben, McKenzie and Daddy. The dogs are also in this picture but I had to add them in since for some reason she cannot draw dogs.

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I will be adding some scrap pages to my Masterpiece Mondays, and Atti art, once he gets into it.

Esther V. said...

Colleen, maybe you can add the painting C.C. did for me for Valentine's Day. It's on my blog EstherWoodWork.
Do note that the petals are heart shaped...gets you right in the heart, doesn't it!
AND she knows I save ladybugs (NO, I don't want anymore!!)