May 24, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the New!

Two weekends ago we did a garage sale with Aunt Renee, Uncle Nick and their friend Steve. We had a lot of odds and ends and baby things to get rid of. It felt so good to get some stuff out of the house.  There was even some items from the estate of Margaret E. Couchee (my Grandma Couchee), items never before available to the public. Those went fast.  Overall, it was a great day and McKenzie was a trooper. She helped us organize things all day.

Here she is modeling some chairs that were for sale.


Helping Uncle Nick water the grass.


It's truly amazing what people will buy at a garage sale just reminded me how many different types of people there are in the world.  The money we made from the garage sale went to fund part of my newest acquisition - a new camera. While we love our current camera because it's small, indestructible, and takes great pictures I really want a camera with faster shutter speed to capture those little moments with the kids. So after a lot of research and some advise from friends we decided on a Nikon D40. So far I'm loving it, though I've been spending way more time reading the manual online than blogging. I'll get the hang of it soon and be cranking out some great pics to post on there.

Here are a couple of my favorite shots so far. I love that it captures the depth in the pictures so well and has an amazing flash that helps with indoor pictures. Looking forward to taking photos to the next level.





1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

I can already see the difference the new camera makes. That last one of Ben is great. Can't wait to see more of what you can do with that thing.