May 9, 2010

Score One For The Dentist

Unlike most people McKenzie loved her first visit to the dentist. She got to sit in the big chair, wear cool sunglasses, watch a show and have her teeth tickled. They also counted her teeth and just as we suspected there are just twenty in there and that's the right number to have. They told her great job for brushing her teeth and said that she had plenty of space between her baby teeth to leave room for her adult teeth to come in.

She also got to pick out a prize after her visit. She choose a bracelet... or six if we have to get all technical. Luckily they didn't mind that she helped herself to a handful instead of one. I also got my teeth cleaned while we were there and made a mental note that next time separate appointments are necessary. Nothing like balancing a squirmy child who insists on also looking into my open mouth while the hygienist tried to clean my teeth.



After the dentist we went out to a special lunch just the two of us and McKenzie insisted on eating 'on the road' so we could watch cars go by. That meant eating outside on the sidewalk. I convinced her to sit at an outdoor table instead of on the curb like she wanted. You never know what kind of big idea is going to pop into her head.

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Way to go Kenz! I hope I am that brave next time I go to the dentist.

Kelli said...

I am so impressed! I still have to put Cole on my lap at his dentist appointments. Hopefully in July when he goes back he can be a big kid, just like McKenzie!