April 1, 2010

Only Fools Rush In...

but I can't help falling in love with you....  Much like falling in love there are other primal instincts built into us at birth that just know when to kick in. This past weekend the kids and I went over to Chelan to visit Grandma and Grandpa C. When we went to the park on Saturday to meet up with Gina and Atticus, who were also in town, the kids felt the call of the wild and abandoned the playground to chase after the local ducks.



Here's the little man just going, going, going after those ducks. It's so fun to see him running.  He's almost able to keep up with Kenzie already.


Speaking of falling in love, I fell in love with this picture when I saw it on my Mom's camera.  Such a great shot of McKenzie and Atti .  I wonder what Atti's secret was?


Here's Grandma C and McKenzie after they climbed the big ladder to the top of a dock. Notice how low Lake Chelan is right now.  That dock is just a little above water level in the summer time.


We had great weather during our visit, lots of sunshine even if it was windy. We even saw two rainbows out Grandma's kitchen window. On Sunday morning we took advantage of the sun to have an Easter Egg hunt.  We are in Spring Training for the big day next weekend.  This year McKenzie actually knows that Easter is coming and is excited for the bunny to leave her eggs.


Ben on the other hand thought the eggs were fun for a few minutes but again back to that primal instinct thing... he's a man baby.


He also has an obsession with water.  He just loves to stick his hand into liquids of any type and move it about be it a bucket, your cup of tea, a toilet, a puddle... you name it he's in it.



Here Ben is worrying Grandpa .  He wasn't worried about Ben turning the water on but was worrying about him breaking the whole faucet off!



On Sunday Aunt Diane and Aunt Wendy joined us until Tuesday and we finished the Thanksgiving table cloth.  This is such a huge relief to me and my November evenings.  Thank you to both of them and Grandma C and a special thanks to McKenzie who helped us sort out the embroidery thread. The patience she had for sitting there working on this project gave me a little glimpse into the future and doing crafts with her.  I can't wait.



Take my hand, take my whole life too for I can't help falling in love with you.

4 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Great pics of those two. I am sure Atti was sharing some important info. I also love the one of Ben with that faucet. He is really trying hard. Love that kid.

Carl Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carl Z said...

Lot of photos - fun! My favorite of this group is Ben in his bibs in the sunshine on the deck. What a great lookin' little man :-) But you are right Colleen, that photo of McKenzie & Atticus is pretty good too!

Mommo said...

Colleen, you do such a great job with your blog. I look forward to discovering your latest entry. Ben is growing up to fast. Love the picture of him in bibs on the deck. The picture of McKenzie and Atticus is definitely a keeper!!