July 7, 2009

You Learn Something New Everyday

Sometimes you like what you learn, sometimes you don't. Recently I learned how to get my mailbox key out of the cassette player in my car. McKenzie for some reason thought that was where it went. Now you're asking yourself why did I bother to spend an hour wedged up in the dashboard of my car with a bent paperclip, a screwdriver and a flashlight. Am I so out of date that I still use the cassette player? No I'm not that lame but that key is our last mailbox key so we couldn't lose it. Note to self: make duplicate keys soon and put the key on a key chain so it can't fit in that cassette player.

Most days though I seem to like what the kids learn. It's amazing to watch them learn the simplest things and get so much joy out of it. McKenzie is picking up new words all the time. She still really loves words that start with 'B' - she likes to say book, bib, ball, baby, 'Benky' (aka Ben), and Bob (my sisters neighbor or any older balding man she sees). Ask her what our dogs are called, she'll quickly respond with 'Icky' (Indy) and 'Barkey' (JonesZ). All other dogs are called Barkey now too. I guess she feels she overused the word dog (dog-ga) early on and now can't be bothered to say it anymore.

Ben is learning to eat baby food, roll and scoot all over, grab everything and anything and put whatever he can get into his mouth. He's also in my opinion successfully learned to sleep through the night!

Here's Ben sleeping during the heat wave we had last week. Poor guy was wiped out but his hair didn't wilt despite the heat.



Benny on the move during a play date at Gina's.



The best thing that Ben has learned lately is how to make his big sister laugh!



What new thing did you learn today?

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Ben has the best baby laugh. I learned that Atticus can use the drawer below the oven as a step stool, and reach the hot pans on the top. Luckily we learned this before anything tragic occured.