February 4, 2009

The Sweetest Thing!


Our little Ben really is the sweetest thing! He has been the best baby. He loves to cuddle but is also content to just sit by himself and look about or sleep. He isn't bothered by much of anything just calmly going along with whatever the rest of the family is doing. The only thing that really seems to bother him is having his diaper changed but he gets over that pretty quickly so it's no big deal.

I've been very lucky this time and have been way more mobile and able to be up and around. Much more so than I was after McKenzie was born so we've been able to spend a lot of time having fun as a whole family rather than me taking care of Ben and Matt taking care of just McKenzie.

Ben is the incredible growing baby. We've been to two doctor appointments. The first at the hospital when he was five days old and he was back up to birth weight. The nurse weighed him three times because she couldn't believe he was already back to birth weight. Then yesterday at eight days old we went to our pediatrician for our first visit and Ben weighed in at 6 lbs 13 oz. They too were amazed at his growth.

Here are some pictures from the past week. I'll try to post more regular entries as we get a little more of a schedule going.


Here's Matt with our new dual stroller from Phil and Ted's. It's pretty neat how many ways we can arrange this one stroller to haul two kids. We've taken it to the park near our house twice and Matt has been taking McKenzie out jogging in it.


Here I am with Ben in the dining room. Matt and I were playing a game while McKenzie and Ben were napping.


This picture really shows off Ben's wild hair. I love the crazy spiked look he has going on! It's also a great shot of his blue grey eyes.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is so cute!! Rachel

Rich and Stephanie said...

they grow so fast I hope we can get up to see him soon, Congrats. Oh and I love the stroller!!

Kim said...

Benny says "Mommy, I wanna go on a walky walk with Muki! And tell that crazy lady to bring me my Man-Bling!"

Esther V. said...

OMG...he's adorable...
THANKS for the update..I'll send these on to Janis with her dial-up computer! Karyn is off to NYC tomorrow. All is well in Victoria.
You are doing sooooo well, Colleen..way to go. xoxo Esther V.

Gina Lillie said...

Man is he one cute little guy. Can't wait to hang out with him again. Maybe awake :)