September 27, 2008

The Best Intentions...

I love seeing McKenzie learn new things and expand her world. We have a big glass jar that we put our change in and lately we have been letting McKenzie help us with this job. She loves the idea of putting the money in the jar but hates the idea of letting go of the coin since that will mean she can't play with it anymore. Another thing she loves is to take food out of the cupboard next to the fridge while I'm cooking and help me cook. Last night was no except she had her favorite item from the cupboard - the box of granola bars. She loves these because she can take the bars out of the box and them put them back in. Unfortunately this also means that Matt gets more granola in his lunch than actual granola bars since they have a hard life before they make it into his lunch. I saw her with the granola bars before dinner then I found the empty box in the dining room but didn't think much of it and put it back in the cupboard. After McKenzie had gone to bed Matt and I were cleaning up the kitchen and Matt started laughing over by the money jar.

There in the jar were two granola bars just sitting on top of the money... I guess she either thought she was suppose to be helping us save shiny things or maybe she was just excited they could fit through the opening in the jar. I then got to spend about fifteen minutes with a coat hanger pretending I was playing one of those claw games at the arcade. I did finally get the granola bars out and now will add the money jar to my list of things to pay attention to when McKenzie is on the loose!

1 comment:

Mommy Herrman said...

that is too cute! McKenzie is amazing. Seeing Baby Delaune today made me realize how much Claire has grown.. but she still has so far to go to be as fun as Cousin McKenzie! We are sure looking forward to when Claire is "doing" cute stuff too and not just "acting" cute.

:) Hope to see you soon.
J