September 17, 2008

Baby Z is a He

We had our 20 week ultrasound this afternoon and found out that McKenzie is getting a little brother! As we entered the room, the ultrasound tech asked us if we wanted to know and of course we said yes. So she started the ultrasound, showed us the heart, moved the picture around and then asked nonchalantly if we thought we knew what it was. I looked at the ultrasound and clearly could see it was a boy so I said 'a boy'. Matt hadn't picked up what we were looking at yet and said he didn't know, thinking she was asking us if we had any guesses. Then she said it really is a boy! We are really happy with the opportunity to have a girl and a boy so this is fantastic news.

Now we need to come up with a good name. Last time we went into the ultrasound knowing we'd name the baby McKenzie if it was a girl but we had no boy name. This time around we also had a girl name picked out but still no boy name. We'll work on it and then maybe we'll play the name game again. With McKenzie we didn't tell the name but gave out clues to family and friends to see who could guess her name. We got some really interesting guesses on that one. I made a scrapbook page before she was born about her name and the name game guesses. I'll have to take a picture of it and post that.

Maybe I'll have to change my poll on this blog to be a name suggestion poll. We had a few last minute votes last night or today so the final tally on boy vs girl predictions was 8 boy votes / 2 girl votes. I think someone voted girl at the last minute just to say they were right since no one else had voted girl.

Speaking of McKenzie's name, I have relatives who live in Victoria, BC where there is an street named McKenzie that Esther's (check out her blog in my links) daughter Karyn lives on. There are lots of signs around that say McKenzie. So I asked Esther to take some picture of the signs for me to use in McKenzie's scrapbook. Here are some of the great McKenzie signs that Esther captured.









7 comments:

Esther V. said...

OMG...it's going to be a boy!!!
Having a boy and a girl is known as having a millionaire's family.
My name suggestion is Hunter.
(That is your Gr.Gramma's last name)...it is also Janis' Christopher Hunter Gaw's second name...it's a strong masculine name...
will be fun to watch the list grow..
CONGRATULATIONS on baby Z being a he!!

Kelli said...

Well, my name for Cole was actually Cale. I wanted Cale, Shawn wanted Cole. Come to find out after we had Cole and gave him his name everyone told me how much they hated the name Cale and were so glad we named him Cole. Hmm...I guess I haven't made a very good case for the name Cale, but I still love it! Congrats on "He Baby Z"!

jess said...

Congrats Colleen!! Very exciting news! I'll have to think of some boy names to put in to the pool of ideas! I bet Gina is stoked that Atticus will have a little playmate to get in trouble with!

Rich and Stephanie said...

Congrats guys!!! I am so happy Mason will have a boy cousin to help him fend off all the girls in the family!! I will have to think of some names for you as my favorite, Mason is already taken :) I like Hunter though very strong name but still cute for a little boy. Congrats again!!

Mommy Herrman said...

Yay!!! How about Matthew Jr? :) we don't have too many juniors in the family...

Gina Lillie said...

I LOVE that you are having a boy! I have been thinking about baby names the 2 I like right now are Tate and Luke. I am sure you guys will come up with something perfect.

Heather said...

Boys are fun, but watch out!! I've been peed on more then once changing Jeffrey in the middle of the night. Good luck with the name. I agree, we had a girls name right away, and it took forever to decide on a boys name. We had two in the end and waited to see what he looked like. The other name was Blake. :) Congratulations Zarembas!!