July 8, 2008

Lions and Tiger and Bears! Oh, my!!

This Monday I skipped work and took McKenzie on her second annual trip to the zoo with our dear friends Kaden, Mikelle, Halle and Carrie. Hopefully we can make it down to the zoo more often now that she can actually enjoy the visit a little more. We saw so many 'dogs' at the zoo it was amazing. Every animal we saw whether it was a snake, elephant, or zebra was a dog to McKenzie. She was excited about all of them. We looked at the animals, had some lunch, played on some toys and then it was time to head home. McKenzie was dead asleep before we even left the parking lot which made me very happy!

Here's last years zoo trip when McKenzie was almost two months old. Needless to say we had a much better trip this year since she was able to really enjoy the sites.



Kaden is four and is holding baby Halle, who is four months old, then Mikelle is on the left and she is 2 and then McKenzie is one. Give them another year and they will be running wild together : )


It was so nice that Carrie and the kids were available and willing to drive up to the zoo and meet us on Monday when I had the day off. I am so thankful to have a 'forever friend' like Carrie - we have known each other since we were in preschool together and I know I will grow old with her as my friend. It doesn't matter how often we talk or can see each other we always can just pick right back up where we left off and we always have the best time. The best thing about Carrie is when we plan something together like our Monroe High School reunion I know that whatever part she takes on will be just like I would have done. It's hard to find a friend like that out there in the world. I just hope that someday McKenzie finds a forever friend to go through life with.

Here's Carrie and me as Junior Cheerleaders way back in the day... we'll see if these girls take after us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I got so much joy out of the little nugget you gave me as a gift! It is like it is my birthday!