May 31, 2012

Tea... A Drink With Jam and Bread

In the spirit of sharing our lives with great friends and giving back, my girlfriends and I hosted our first annual ladies tea.  Our goals were simple, to celebrate and connect with the ladies in each others lives and to be able to give a little back to the wider world in areas that are impacting members of our group.  Our inspiration for this was the memory of Misty's bridal shower tea and what a fantastic time we had.

April 2010 - Misty's Bridal Shower Tea

We spent a lovely afternoon at the Village Eatery and Tea Company located in the Country Village near my house.  It was so relaxing to sit back and enjoy a wonderful tea service with just the ladies and to catch up with some of the mothers who I hadn't seen in a while.



I was lucky enough to have both Grandma Mary's join me for the tea!


Tea attire made it all the more fun.


These two fancy ladies only had one set of gloves between them but somehow pulled it off.

The young fancy ladies.

Lovely tea ladies.
It was an afternoon spent in good company, just how I imagine attending a tea party should be.  We had some good laughs and made some memories and raised some money to donate to this years cause which is ovarian cancer which has impacted several in our group.  Looking forward to next year's event.

No comments: