September 20, 2011

Super Sliders


As Labor Day was fast approaching at the end of August the fact that we had not made our annual trip to Slide Waters in Chelan kept nagging at me.  With Matt occupied at the PAX convention in Seattle the kids and I made a quick trip over to Chelan to visit Grandma and Grandpa C and check the waterslides off our summer ‘Must Do’ list.  We headed over after McKenzie’s soccer game on Saturday morning and headed straight to the lake for the afternoon. 



McKenzie continues to amaze me with her confidence in the water and her never ending energy.  She wanted to swim out to the dock in the swim area so I headed out with her and she swam the entire way right next to me with her floaties on.  We then swam over to the other dock, back to shore and then repeated the entire journey in reverse.  People on the dock were amazed at how well she was swimming and asked her how old she was.  She said "I’m four and I’m a swimmer."  Too cute!

The next morning Grandpa C and the kids washed my car – win, win, win – Grandpa likes the car clean, I like the car clean and the kids love helping!  Grandpa was being brave giving the kids control of the hose.  McKenzie did pretty good but Ben mainly just hosed down Grandpa and then laughed and laughed. 




Then we were on to the main event – Slide Waters!  Each year taking the kids is more fun than the last.  This year McKenzie was able to go on almost all the rides by herself and Ben loved sliding on the big slides with Grandma. 



Rare shot of Ben sitting on the slide correctly, when he went down the littler slides by himself we’d catch him at the bottom coming headfirst on his tummy, lying sideways on his back, every way except sitting up like he was suppose to. 




2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

So much fun. And, let your dad know, there is always a car that needs to be cleaned in my driveway.

jess said...

Oh man, I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE going to Slide Waters as a kid!! When we'd go camping in Winthrop, sometimes we'd take a day trip over to Chelan and spend the day at the water slides -- love those memories :)