March 28, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!



It's official Spring is here!  The frogs are singing me a chorus as I type this and we've been outside with the kids any chance we get enjoying the sun breaks.  I love this time of year for many reasons but most of all for the end of the long cold wet winter and the promise that sunshine and fun are heading our way.  I took a trip out to Boston last week for work and seeing their trees still bare of any buds made me appreciate the signs of Spring that are springing up around the Northwest.  

We have been making the most of the sunshine and heading out to enjoy it whenever possible.  We took a trip to the park two weekends with our friends Atticus and Gina.  I love that my kids get to grow up spending so much time with the son of one of my best friends.  It's amazing to watch them interact and also so nice to spend some time with Gina. 

Here's Ben on park patrol.  Good boy but why do I have the only children at the park who insist on picking up other peoples nasty trash?  He found this lovely item by the swings and would not move on until the "uck" was gone.







These three just go go go.  I was taking this picture and Ben and Atti started saying "Help... Mama... Help...". I got my shots and then Gina and I assisted them up.  A mom has to have her priorities. 



Boys will be boys and nothing says fun with your friend other than jumping on a large metal plate at a park.




McKenzie, the monkey, wasn't drawn in by the metal plate instead she decided to try her skills out at the monkey bars.  Not long now until she'll be hanging upside down from these. 


The park we went to has a horse arena at one end so we were able to see some horses out enjoying the sunshine too.  Look at that blue sky!  I'm looking forward to many more days spent in the sun with our friends. 


1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Can't wait to hang out with you guys this summer, and really get to enjoy the sun!