June 8, 2010

Scraplifting

There is no feeling in the world like stealing a little time away from the busy world of working and being a mom. This past weekend I got to take some time for me and get away with the ladies from Matt's family for a scrapbooking weekend at Pacific Beach. Matt's Uncle Bob and Aunt Nancy have a fantastic house located there that they are always so generous with. We had seven ladies scrapping and had plenty of room to spread out and lots of good conversations to while we worked.

When I told McKenzie on Friday morning that Daddy would pick her up at school she instantly said "Where Mommy going???"  She's so in tune with the little things it's scary sometimes. Despite Mommy being missing Matt and the kids had a great weekend at home. The weather cleared up on Saturday and they were able to get out to the park to burn some energy.

My technique of scrapbooking is sometimes called 'scraplifting' because I more often than not take my ideas straight out of a magazine and just reproduce the look and feel of a page with my own pictures, papers and flair. I've tried doing it freestyle but I always end up wasting too much time per page and putting too much content on a page so I enjoy borrowing ideas from others. I was able to make 14 pages during the weekend which is huge progress for me. I have nine of them all the way completed and the other five I've got some little details to finish up still. Here are the ones I completed.









2 comments:

jess said...

Holy smokes Colleen!! You finished a ton of pages!! I'm jealous, makes me want to get out some scrap stuff immediately!!

Gina Lillie said...

Your pages just keep getting better! I am so excited for November I can't stand it. Hopefully I can get as many done as you.