September 8, 2009

A Season For Change...

This Labor Day weekend blew into town with the feeling of Fall with rain showers and gusts winds that blew my plans for outdoor activities with the kids away. So we settled in for a laid back weekend but by Sunday afternoon we'd exhausted our indoor ideas and I was looking for something to do until dinner. What better thing to do than spontaneously decide to get my daughter her first hair cut. I lucked out that the kids hair salon near us, Bella and Max, had an opening and off we went.

I know some of my readers must be thinking I've gone crazy because they know me and I am not spontaneous about most things but for some reason I am all about the impromptu hair cut. I cannot seem to book even my own hair cuts in advance, one day I just decide I need my hair cut and then call for an appointment that day, preferably within the hour. This has behavior has caused me to have some very bad hair days but I just can't seem to plan ahead when it comes to hair.

My current hair dresser, Jenny, won my business when I called the salon and discovered my current hair dresser had quit. Jenny's next words were "You come in, I cut many, many hairs." That and the fact, or maybe only the fact that she had a 4:30 appointment available won me over. I've been using her and recommending her to others for several years now.

Okay, so back to McKenzie first hair cut. Here she is looking at some ducks before her haircut. You can see her hair is attempting to be in two pony tails the preferred style for controlling her long locks and various layers of hair.



I wasn't really sure how she would react to getting her hair cut but she did great! Maybe it was the fact she was sitting in a pink Cadillac. Or maybe because she had a bucket of toys to play with. Or was watching Strawberry Shortcake on the tv. Or maybe because they gave her a sucke. Probably all of the above. We ended up going with a nice bob to get rid of the different layers of hair. Needless to say McKenzie did amazing and the hair cut looks great!

Note: I personally wouldn't recommend the combo of hair cut and sucker. Those should be two exclusive events in life.





After we got home we decided to wash off all the extra hair so the kids took a bubble bath - the soapiest one ever since Kenzie helped with the bubbles before I got into the bathroom and poured in the whole bottle. Good thing Benny also loves bubbles!







Overall, it was a great weekend. We love having three days to play!

2 comments:

Carl Z said...

Nice work mom ! Looks great !
I agree about the sucker. How does one eat a sucker during a haircut without getting "hairy sucker" ??

Looks like the sunshine, and summer, has returned - YEA ! It's supposed to be in the mid-80's for the WSU football game on Saturday !?!? CRAZY

Mommo said...

McKenzie's haircut is really cute. She looks so grown up!