November 18, 2011

Leaf Me Alone

While we do hear an assortment of the standard sibling lines about leaving each other alone or a classic for our house "I need some 'lone time".  Kenzie and Ben do actually get along very well and enjoy doing things together.  Lately, McKenzie has even been getting frustrated when Ben wants to do something besides what she is doing.  It's funny to hear her come to me and basically tell on him for not playing with her.  One of my favorite lines that covers either issue is "Work it out please." Takes me out of the equation and helps with their decision making skills.


This was a beautiful Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago when we worked together to rake up all the leaves in the front yard and carted them into the backyard to cover up our garden for the winter.  I really should get out and take a picture of the garden so I can have pictures from every season.  I am already dreaming up next years garden.  I have a drastically different plan from this year forming in my mind.  I know whatever I plant it will teach me something new and I'll find a way to "work it out" because that's how I roll.

1 comment:

Mommo said...

I can remember the many times I played in the leaves with Matthew and Jennifer. It always amazed me how falling leaves could entertain them for hours.