May 20, 2009

There's A Rattle In My Car

My car is barely three years old, but yes it has some sort of rattle in it --literally. I need to do some serious digging in the seats to find whatever kids toy has fallen though a crack because every time I go over a bump in the road I hear it back there rattling away. These are the things that no one ever tells you about before you are a parent. That and why your baby would possibly need a shirt like Ben is wearing below. A picture really is worth a thousand word or a thousand diapers in this case!



I have heard that one day you'll wake up and your little boy will be a man. I sort of felt like that on Tuesday when I purchased the items below for Ben.



Poor guy has a bit of rash on his neck lately but apparently it's nothing a little athletes foot cream can't handle. He also has a pretty extreme case of cradle cap that I've been battling against since he was born. Now we're pulling out the big guns and trying Selsun Blue. Good thing Ben doesn't wear a lot of black clothes I guess.

On to more exciting topics. Our good friends Rachel and TJ got married this weekend and we were lucky enough to get to spend a sunny afternoon helping them celebrate their marriage. McKenzie loved attending the wedding. Her favorite parts were the candy, cupcakes and dancing. Here's a picture of all of us at the wedding. Rachel was the most beautiful bride. Check out her blog for pictures of the actual wedding!


This past Sunday was a perfect Seattle day...perfect for doing yard work and just hot enough to require some rest in the shade while the kids were napping. McKenzie is finally getting to a good age where she can entertain herself for longer periods of time so Matt and I were able to get some stuff done in the yard while she played in her house making pretend snacks for the dogs and Benny was sitting in his swing enjoying the slight breeze.



Here's a little preview of the yard. I think this is the year we'll finally get everything in shape to enjoy it. We've come a long way since we purchased this house five years ago. Check out the contrast from the back of the house.




We're heading to Chelan for the long weekend so we should have some good pictures to share next week.

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

The yard looks great!