November 10, 2008

Time to Give Thanks...

This is the time to reflect back on all the things that I have to be thankful for. This year more than ever the thing that I am most thankful for are my friends. I am also lucky enough that I can be thankful for good health in my family, my job, my house among many things. Not all my friends are so lucky this year. We've had some tough times this year but through it all our group of friends sticks together and helps where we can. Each of us has something different, something special and something critical to offer.

I know I've posted in the past about my best friend Carrie and my hopes that McKenzie someday will find a 'forever friend' like her but I also hope that McKenzie is blessed with a whole group of long term friends who can stick together through thick and thin. It's not often that I meet people who are still close friends with people from high school, let alone from preschool. I have been very lucky to have people in my life who are friends and not just acquaintances - here today but gone tomorrow.

Here's a little photo tribute to my friends and all the memories we've shared and the ones we have yet to make. Hang in there - things have to get better!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having friends that are also family is the greatest gift! We really are so lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives! Love you all!!

Esther V. said...

Each March I try to go to Kelowna BC where I visit with 5 highschool friends..from there, Janet and I fly to Regina, Sask. where we meet up with 4 highschool girlfriends...what a blast we have...now this is going back to 1959 days...how is THAT for longtime friends!
You are so right...friends are the best!

Gina Lillie said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Up and downs, it's all part of life and great friends are there for both. Great pics too, but one question...who is the guy with his arm around Boknecht?

Kim said...

That made me sniffle a little.

S and J said...

Well said. I'm not the best at keeping in touch with friends, but I sure do love them.

S and J said...

Oh and who are those older people in that Coug photo?

Heather said...

"Who's the guy with his arm around Boknecht?"...John gets that all the time. The guy with his arm around Boknecht is Rick Vennables.